OEA Choice Trust is the only organization solely dedicated to workplace wellness for all Oregon public school employees. For Trust grantees, we offer professional development opportunities, technical assistance and resources to help your school be successful with a wellness program. Click the buttons below to learn more about our exciting grantee resources.
Journey to Wellness
Journey to Wellness is an annual meeting for OEA Choice Trust grantees. In addition to serving as a networking opportunity, professional development regarding school employee well-being is provided.
To access agendas and resources from past meetings, head to the Journey to Wellness page.
Walker Tracker is a free benefit for all OEA Choice Trust grantees. (Former grantees that sustain their programs can be eligible for this benefit, too.) The program, which is also an app, allows districts to participate in walking challenges. Each challenge has a digital map with checkpoints; participants receive celebratory messages whenever they pass a checkpoint! All walkers are able to track their progress along the challenge route and even convert other physical activity, such as swimming or yoga, into steps.
Grantees are able to use the program year round to create building vs. building challenges or just track individual steps. They are also invited to the grantee vs. grantee challenge issued by OEA Choice Trust once per year. The winning team is awarded a trophy at Journey to Wellness!
Grantee Inspired Resources
OEA Choice Trust is proud to work with public school districts, educational service districts and community colleges across Oregon.
The following are key elements of a sustainable school employee wellness program after the grant to consider:
- Funding stability – how will your district continue to fund the program through a variety of sources after the final grant year?
- Partnerships – describe how your district plans to continue to build community support and keep the community engaged in the district’s wellness goals and leverage resources.
- Capacity within the district – how will your district integrate employee wellness into district operations and practices to ensure sustainability and create a culture of health? How will the district continue to support staff involvement in planning and implementing the wellness program after the final grant year?
- Communications –How will the district continue to market/communicate the school employee wellness program to keep the staff and community engaged and involved?
- Evaluation – How is the district evaluating the effectiveness of your school employee wellness program to inform planning and communicating the value and benefits to your leadership and staff?
- Strategic Planning and Program improvement – How will the district continue to review and adapt the wellness program to meet the needs of school staff and community to ensure its effectiveness?
A guide to making employee wellness programs work for school districts, education service districts and community colleges.
Check out some of our success stories.
Ready to take a step towards wellness, apply for the grant today.