MINI GRANT PROGRAM
The purpose of the Mini Grant Award is to support established school employee wellness programs with funding up to $5,000 to be used to promote school employee health, well-being and resilience using the OEA Choice Trust Framework of Proven Strategies and Best Practices as a guide. Mini Grant Awards are meant to boost the current efforts of your program or help you develop and implement new parts of your program.
How do I know if I’m eligible for a Mini Grant?
First, your district, community college or ESD must be located in Oregon.
Second, your district, community college or ESD must have an active employee wellness program that is open to all employees.
Applicants must be able to describe how they meet the following criteria:
- District and building leadership that are committed to school employee wellness and dedicate resources to your program (staff, time, space) to promote staff health and well-being
- Active wellness coordinator and/or employee wellness team exists that is dedicated to employee health and well-being
- A staff wellness needs and interests survey that is used to plan a school employee wellness program that serves ALL employees
- An action plan is in place as a roadmap for the implementation of the school employee wellness program
Mini Grants will be awarded twice a year.
The first cycle will take place early in the calendar year, the second will take place in the fall.
Spring Mini Grant Award Timeline:
- Application period of January 1, 2019 – February 15, 2019
- Awardees notified by March 8, 2019
- All Mini Grant funds must be used by November 30, 2019
- Mini Grant Report due no later than December 1, 2019 or upon completion of the Mini Grant Project
- Any unspent Mini Grant funds returned to OEA Choice Trust by December 31, 2019
Mini Grant Webinar and Materials
A Mini Grant webinar was held on January 17, 2019, to provide a walk through for potential applicants. In addition to covering eligibility, the application process, and tips for success, the webinar includes answers to questions from attendees.
How do I apply for a Mini Grant?
- Click the button below to be taken to the Mini Grant interest form.
- Complete and submit the form; this will route you to a page with the Mini Grant Application and related documents.
- Download all documents on this page.
- Write and proofread your proposal. Be sure to have an accurate and detailed Budget Worksheet.
- Submit your Mini Grant Application, cover page with all signatures, action plan and Budget Worksheet electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Mini Grant Program Lead, Arien Bates.
Tips for Success
- Ask someone who did not write your proposal to score it using the Mini Grant Scoring Rubric. Outside feedback can help you clarify and strengthen your application before you submit it.
- Provide an accurate, detailed budget. An example is provided in your application.
Please note: If your Budget Worksheet is scored as a 1, your proposal cannot be awarded.
- Have someone in your business and finance department check over your budget for accuracy and clarity.
- Clearly explain how your proposal reflects and serves identified needs and interests of staff.