MINI GRANT PROGRAM
The purpose of the Mini Grant Award is to sustain established School Employee Wellness programs with funding up to $5,000. Mini Grant funds are to be used to promote school employee health, well-being and resilience using the OEA Choice Trust Framework of Proven Strategies and Best Practices as a guide. Mini Grant Awards are meant to boost the current efforts of your program or help you develop and implement new parts of your program.
How do I know if I’m eligible for a Mini Grant?
1. Your district, community college or ESD must be located in Oregon.
2. Your organization must have an active, established employee wellness program that is open to all employees.
3. Your organization does not currently have a School Employee Wellness Grant from OEA Choice Trust.
4. You can clearly describe how your wellness program meets each part of the eligibility criteria in the application. (See the application for details.)
Note for Charter Schools:
To be eligible to apply for an OEA Choice Trust Mini Grant, the interested charter school must demonstrate that their charter school was established from an existing public school district and the entire district converted to charter school status. Interested charter schools are required to contact Arien Bates at email@example.com before applying to confirm they meet this requirement.
When can I apply?
Mini Grants will be awarded once in the fall and once in the spring.
Fall 2021 Mini Grant Award Timeline:
|Applications Due||Third Friday in October|
|Applicants Notified||Early November|
|Funds Used By||Third Friday in June|
|Reports Due||Third Friday in June|
|Unspent Funds Returned||June 30|
Spring 2022 Mini Grant Award Timeline:
|Applications Due||Third Friday in February|
|Applicants Notified||Early March|
|Funds Used By||November 30|
|Reports Due||December 1|
|Unspent Funds Returned||December 31|
How do I apply for a Mini Grant?
- Click the button below to be taken to the Mini Grant interest form.
- Complete and submit the form; this will route you to a page with the Mini Grant Application and related documents.
- Download all documents on this page.
- Write and proofread your proposal. Be sure to have an accurate and detailed Budget Worksheet.
- Submit your Mini Grant Application, cover page with all signatures, Action Plan and Budget Worksheet electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mini Grant Webinar and FAQs
A Mini Grant webinar was held on January 17, 2019, to provide a walk through for potential applicants. In addition to covering eligibility, the application process, and tips for success, the webinar includes answers to questions from attendees.