MINI GRANT PROGRAM
The purpose of the Mini Grant Award is to sustain established School Employee Wellness programs with funding up to $5,000. Mini Grant funds are to be used to promote school employee health, well-being and resilience using the OEA Choice Trust Framework of Proven Strategies and Best Practices as a guide. Mini Grant Awards are meant to boost the current efforts of your program or help you develop and implement new parts of your program.
How do I know if I’m eligible for a Mini Grant?
1. Your district, community college or ESD must be located in Oregon.
2. Your district, community college or ESD must have an active employee wellness program that is open to all employees.
Note: If you currently have a grant from OEA Choice Trust, you are not eligible for a Mini Grant. Please wait until your current grant is completed to apply for a Mini Grant.
Applicants must be able to describe how their School Employee Wellness program has met the following criteria for at least one year:
- District and building leadership are committed to school employee wellness and dedicate resources (staff, time, space) to your School Employee Wellness program
- An active wellness coordinator and/or employee wellness team exists that is dedicated to employee health and well-being
- A staff wellness needs and interests survey that is used to plan a school employee wellness program that serves ALL employees
- An action plan is in place as a roadmap for the implementation of the school employee wellness program
Note for Charter Schools: To be eligible to apply for an OEA Choice Trust School Employee Wellness Grant or Mini Grant, the interested Charter School must demonstrate that their Charter School was established from an existing public school district and the entire district converted to Charter School status.
Before applying, please contact Arien Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding Mini Grants. Interested Charter Schools are required to submit a completed eligibility form to confirm that they meet the newly created criteria to apply for a grant. Additionally, please note that OEA Choice Trust awards grants at the district level.
When can I apply?
Mini Grants will be awarded once in the fall and once in the spring.
Fall Mini Grant Award Timeline:
- Applications accepted no later than October 23, 2020
- Awardees notified by November 6, 2020
- All Mini Grant funds must be used by June 18, 2021
- Mini Grant Report due no later than June 18, 2021 or upon completion of the Mini Grant Project
- Any unspent Mini Grant funds returned to OEA Choice Trust by June 30, 2021
Fall Mini Grant recipients have from November to June to use Mini Grant funds.
Spring Mini Grant Award Timeline:
- Applications accepted no later than February 12, 2021
- Awardees notified by March 5, 2021
- All Mini Grant funds must be used by November 30, 2021
- Mini Grant Report due no later than December 1, 2021 or upon completion of the Mini Grant Project
- Any unspent Mini Grant funds returned to OEA Choice Trust by December 31, 2021
Spring Mini Grant recipients have from March to November to use Mini Grant funds.
Mini Grant Webinar and FAQs
A Mini Grant webinar was held on January 17, 2019, to provide a walk through for potential applicants. In addition to covering eligibility, the application process, and tips for success, the webinar includes answers to questions from attendees.
How do I apply for a Mini Grant?
- Click the button below to be taken to the Mini Grant interest form.
- Complete and submit the form; this will route you to a page with the Mini Grant Application and related documents.
- Download all documents on this page.
- Write and proofread your proposal. Be sure to have an accurate and detailed Budget Worksheet.
- Submit your Mini Grant Application, cover page with all signatures, Action Plan and Budget Worksheet electronically to email@example.com.